15 Questions to Discover your True Passions
If you’re lucky, you’ve already discovered many of your passions and you spend quality time enjoying things that bring you excitement and joy. However, maybe you’ve not yet connected with activities, skills, and interests that ignite your passion. It takes time, soul-searching, and some life experience to identify your true passions but when you do, they will push you through the challenges that stand in the way of your dreams. Following your passions will bring you to your life’s purpose.
Here are 15 questions that will help you to delve deeper into your wants, needs, desires, and fantasies so you can discover those things that light you up. Have fun with them and discover how you can add more delight to your life.
- What’s the one thing I’ve always wanted to do? Consider what would need to happen in order for you to carry through with this long-sought wish. Make a plan and get started.
- If I could spend today doing whatever I desire, what would it be? Let your mind go. It could be something related to your work, your home, or simply a lark.
- Where do I really want to live? What city and what type of residence? Perhaps you’re already fulfilling this passion and you do live in your true first choice. If not, ponder the possibilities of moving to a place you’ll love.
- Where would I like to visit? Perhaps you’re harboring a secret yearning to visit Washington, D.C. or Westminster Abbey in London. The streets of Hong Kong may be calling your name or even the Grand Canyon. Can you make it happen?
- What do I talk about doing but never do it? In a conversation, you might state something like, “For the last 10 years, I’ve really wanted to take a cruise to the Caribbean.
- What are the reasons I don’t go after my dreams?
Explore within yourself why you haven’t pursued the life you want. Can you do
something differently to help bring your dreams to life?
- How will I finish the sentence, “More than anything,
before I die, I want to ___________?” Say it out loud and fill in the blank.
Then, figure out a way to accomplish your wish.
- What are the things in my life that I would like to get
rid of? If you’re discovering you don’t love everything about your life, maybe
it’s time to do some “housecleaning.” Make a list of the ways you’d like your
life to change.
- Which people in my life inspire me and why? It’s important to know who inspires you so you can spend more time with them. What is it about them that lights you up so much? Decide to take every step to be inspired more often.
- If I were to make just one radical change in my life right now to make life better, what would it be? Your answer to this question will really open up your possibilities. Moving to a bigger city might really spice up your life. Getting more education might be a goal—plus you’ll likely make more money.
- You’ll be happier if you pursue your dreams. What one change can you make today that will change your future?
- How do I feel when I put all my effort into accomplishing one of my goals? Notice these feelings. You’ll no doubt want to experience them more often.
- How do I feel whenever I achieve a life goal? Awesome, probably.
- What’s missing from my life? Answering this question requires considerable soul-searching.
- Who are my biggest supporters? It’s wise to know the people that will stand behind you and help you pursue your passions, no matter what.
- Who gets in the way of me achieving my goals? In order to find your true passions, you might be required to disengage from those who wish to counteract your efforts.
If you take the time to thoroughly ponder each of these questions, you’ll be pleased with what you discover. Your true passions are inside you, just waiting to be let loose to bring you excitement, joy, and fulfillment.
Are you clear about what drives you?
Do you set goals and fail to achieve them? Do you self-sabotage your efforts to make personal change? Do you let challenges divert you from your goals? What if you could:
- Get crystal clear on what is most important to you.
- Identify hidden obstacles and ways to overcome them.
- Create a personal action plan that defines the next steps to your goal.
Schedule a Professional Transformation session and discover how to achieve your goals with support every step of the way.
Don’t wait any longer! Schedule a Professional Transformation Session, today!