Top Five Success Traits of the Super Successful
And How You Can Develop Them Too
Wildly successful people share many traits in common. But even though they are shared traits, they are not super-human traits. If you truly want to succeed, you can develop these traits, too. Yes, with hard work and determination, you, too, can join the ranks of the super successful!
In your journey to achieve your goals, you will invariably have to deal with challenges, and even setbacks, from time to time. Every successful person faces some hardship along the way. However, it’s important to remember that those with the drive to succeed will stop at nothing until they achieve their success.
Here are the top five super success traits, along with tips to help you acquire them:
- Strong belief in yourself and what you’re doing. Put your whole heart into your endeavors and truly believe that you can succeed in what you set out to accomplish. In Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff at Work, Dr. Richard Carlson recommends building a bridge between your spirituality and your work. He says, “Take the essence of who you are and what you believe into your daily work life.” This will reduce your stress because you small irritations will disappear.
If you run into a snag in the road, find something positive you can learn from the situation and use that to keep moving forward. If necessary, develop a new plan to overcome the challenge.
Think positively about yourself in all aspects of your life. In order to avoid being too critical, keep in mind that no one is perfect and accept that you’ll make mistakes just like any other human. As valuable learning experiences, mistakes can actually benefit you.
- Being organized and having clear plans. Successful people are organized. They know what they want and how they’re going to get there. They develop clear goals with specific action steps to achieve them. Plus, they know where they are on that road to success at all times.
- You can develop this skill by starting with your general organizational skills. Start small by organizing your desk space. Then organize your notes. Move on to planning your success by setting clear goals.
- What do you want? How are you going to get there? Make a detailed plan of achievable action steps that will take you all the way through accomplishing your goal. Then follow your plan. It’s your map to success.
- Sometimes the difference between success and failure is pure perseverance. There will be times when you’re faced with difficult challenges. You may even feel like giving up. However, it’s important to find the strength within you to pull yourself through, even in these tough times.
- To develop perseverance, reflect on how you normally handle conflicts in life. Do you give up easily when faced with a challenge? Think of those times you gave up. What could you have done differently to motivate yourself to keep going?
- After reflecting on your normal mode of operation, change your mindset about challenges. Instead of bemoaning the challenge, seek a way to overcome it so you can complete your task. Do this each day, with even small challenges, and soon you’ll find yourself persevering through larger challenges with ease.
- The drive to keep learning and achieving. Super successful people realize that they’re always students. They may be a master of a certain subject, but there’s always something new they can develop or learn. Once they achieve one goal, then they use their current knowledge to help them learn something else that brings them even more success.
It’s okay to take a break to enjoy your success once you’ve achieved a goal, but always ask yourself what’s next. There’s always a way that you can expand your success.
- No fear of failure. The super successful don’t waste their time worrying about failure. They know that everyone must take certain risks if they’re going to achieve success and that some ideas might not work out. You only fail if you give up or decide not to try at all. If you’re still trying, then you haven’t failed!
Just as with the other traits, overcoming a fear of failure can be accomplished by starting small. Start out by taking some minor risks. See how most of them work out fine when you expect the best and seek solutions to the challenges? The more ideas you try, the more successes you’ll have, and you’ll feel confident about forging ahead without fear.
To attain the life of the super successful, the most important thing to remember is to always give your all. Adopt these success traits as your own, and soon you’ll find that nothing can stop you from achieving your goals!
“Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. It’s where all the fruit is.”
~ Shirley MacLaine
Disclosure: Some links in this email are affiliate links. This means if you click the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission but at no extra cost to you. Please know that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchase. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.